JOST A MON

The idle ramblings of a Jack of some trades, Master of none

Sep 24, 2008

Krakow Then And Now

Here is a post [via Neeka] about buildings of Krakow a century ago and what they look like now. Nice idea. I thought of something similar a few years ago when I saw a bunch of sepia photos taken during the 19th century by Englishmen of sundry Indian buildings ... Unfortunately, the photos were at a lovely exhibition in New York, part of the Alkazi collection, and so not scannable (by me, at least).

INVITATION: People! If any of you (anyone? anyone?) has old pics and new pics of interesting moments in history or architecture, please - do post.

5 comments:

Paul said...

Here's a link to a great story by one of my favorite internet historians.....
http://pashagypsy.blogspot.com/2008/05/stones-of-chal.html

Fëanor said...

Thanks for the link, Paul. I don't think I've previously encountered any blogs dealing with Kurdistan.

Anonymous said...

KM posted a link early this year.

Fëanor said...

Thanks, BM. Shall trawl assiduously.

Unknown said...

I was going to put up a few Reichstag photos from my Berlin folder (including a few scanned vintage postcards!), but this site seems to cover it all.
So.

Post a Comment